Friday 5 October 2012

////

L'arivée à Dijon



So, I have arrived in Dijon. Here I am wearing my delightful new t-shirt from my girlfriend, outside my Lycée. Usually its the 13 year old kids stood where I am smoking in every break throughout the day.

So at the end of my first week I have been asked all sorts of random questions, I think its fair to say the whole of the school probably know me better than most of my friends. I also got asked twice if I had children, which was slightly odd considering some of the boys in this school look older than me.



The french like to furnish their round-abouts with odd features such as this globe. One can literally drive around the world in about 10 seconds. Puts 'around the world in 80 days' to shame. They go the wrong way round in France though.

I experienced the French queuing system today, which consists of a crowd of people who have no manners or understanding of the term, 'queue'. One woman actually pushed in front of me to use the ticket machine, only to then let me go in front of her because she was using her card and it would take longer. Where is the logic there?

At least the city is nice. The buildings are an archeological mismatch, but they are quite nice. Its all quite old fashioned and a bit chester-esque.






In the bottom picture sort of dead centre theres a very odd building which is almost tudor like. Its nice though. I wonder if after a few weeks/months I'll become more fond of the french species. We shall wait and see. 2 weeks and 6 days 'til Alexandra experiences Dijon. Can't wait.

À bientôt.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment